263 Super Silly Facts
1. The original meaning of the word "silly" is "blessed"
2. Females with an " A " in their first name are said to be more beautiful, intelligent and live longer.
3. People see you as 20% more attractive than you think you are, according to one study.
4. According to psychiatric studies, James Bond is the epitome of a psychopath.
5. During the Civil War, prostitutes were called “horizontal refreshments.”
6. The average person swears 80-90 times a day.
7. There is a picture of Mohammed in the gallery of the Supreme Court.
8. Oysters can change genders back and forth.
9. Associate yourself with people of good quality, for it is better to be alone than in bad company.
10. You have to speak to be heard, but sometimes you have to be silent to be appreciated.
11. A hand dryer can increase the amount of bacteria on your hands by up to 255%.
12. Shakespeare was the first to use the letter "U" to replace "you."
13. Women show a stronger attraction toward males who have strong shoulders, narrow waists, and broad chests and shoulders.
14. Remember, the girls who say, "a lot of guys are after me", should keep in mind that low prices always attract many customers.
15. Your happiness has got nothing to do with the problems you face, it’s how you choose to deal with them.
16. People who receive frequent hugs get sick less often and recover more easily than those who do not hug often.
17. Studies have shown that psychopaths are quicker to offer help to people in need than everyday folk.
18. Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe.
19. The average woman will spend one full year of her lifetime trying to decide what to wear
20. Left-handedness is also known as “sinistrality” because left-handed people were once thought to be demons.
21. 95% of the men who mistreat women would be enraged if someone did the same thing to their daughter.
22. Happiness is the best revenge.
23. The average person takes 23,000 breaths a day.
24. The word "mortgage" comes from a French word that means "death contract."
25. The best revenge is to move on, get over it, and continue to succeed. Never give someone the satisfaction of watching you suffer.
26. Some studies suggest that using sarcasm can significantly improve your IQ
27. Venephobia is the fear of veins.
28. Speaking with your hands makes you appear confident, passionate, and knowledgeable, according to a study.
29. Bad times make you appreciate the good times.
30. Eels can live as deep as 10,000 feet below the surface!
31. Mark Wahlberg, a high school dropout, got his diploma at the age of 42 to set an example for his kids.
32. Every 43 seconds someone attempts suicide. The Suicide hotline: 1-800-784-2433. Retweet & save a life.
33. Men who post a lot of selfies are more likely to be psychopaths, according to research.
34. Sometimes the best way to appreciate something is to be without it for a while.
35. Your shoes are the first thing people subconsciously notice about you.
36. Almonds can help relieve stress – They’re also high in vitamin E and antioxidants that help boost the immune system.
37. The clitoris is actually composed of at least 18 distinct, functioning parts.
38. Prehistoric dragonflies had 28 inches wide wingspans!
39. The word "dinner" comes from the french word "disner," which means "breakfast."
40. Ariel is the only Disney Princess to ever have had a child.
41. By the age of 12, André the Giant could no longer fit on a school bus.
42. The first to apologize is always the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. The first to forget is the happiest.
43. It’s never too late to make things right.
44. i say “fight me” a lot for a girl who is 5”3’ and has a hard time opening some doors because they’re too heavy
45. If you’re not losing any friends then you’re not growing up.
46. A British woman with asthma coughed so violently that one of her lungs slipped out of her chest between two of her ribs.
47. Dr. Seuss coined the term "nerd."
48. Oysters change their gender at least once in their lifetime.
49. You are not as nice as you think you are, as studies in psychology have proved that we tend to overestimate ourselves.
50. Roughly 75% of men in relationships always have an orgasm with their partner, compared to 30% of women.
51. People are generally more honest when physically tired. This is why people confess things during late night conversations
52. IKEA actually sells entire houses.
53. The Chinese consume 50,000 cigarettes every second.
54. When crying for help, call out specific people (eg. "you with the green shirt!"). It makes people more likely to act.
55. You don’t need a certain number of friends. You just need a number of friends you can be certain of.
56. Consecotaleophobia is the fear of chopsticks.
57. The Library of Congress spends about $60,000 each year to print the Braille versions of Playboy.
58. People who swear a lot tend to be more honest, loyal and upfront with their friends.
59. The average amount of time a woman can keep a secret is 47 hours and 15 minutes.
60. Your pupils expand up to 45% when looking at something pleasing.
61. Cathisophobia is the fear of sitting.
62. Stan Lee says that if he could have one superpower, it would be luck.
63. People come and go in your life, and the right one will always stay.
64. Angelina Jolie initially wanted to be a funeral director.
65. Studies show that women prefer men with heavy stubble.
66. In Montana, there is a replica Hobbit village that anyone can stay in for $295 a night.
67. Cyclophobia is the fear of bicycles.
68. The sitcom "Friends" was initially titled "Insomnia Cafe".
69. Not everything will go as you expect in your life. This is why you need to drop expectations, and go with the flow of life.
70. A guy ate nothing but Chipotle for 30 days...and lost 10 lbs.
71. Celebs and their Make up tips, You will be shocked ↓↓↓↓ See in our last tweet.
72. In more than half of U.S. cities, it is illegal for homeless people to sit or lay on the sidewalk.
73. Babies are dreamless for the first few years of life.
74. Beautiful things happen when you distance yourself from negativity.
75. Some people never develop fingerprints.
76. You must go through the worst, to arrive at your best.
77. If you search for "Do the Harlem shake" on YouTube, the page itself will do the harlem shake for you.
78. It takes about 3,000 folds to wear out a dollar bill.
79. Twitter and Tumblr are ranked highest among social media sites linked to Insomnia.
80. Life always offers you a second chance. Its called tomorrow.
81. In middle school, Katy Perry was often teased for having big boobs.
82. Cuddling literally puts a woman in a peaceful state of mind, reduces stress
83. Ludacris helped 2 Chainz open his first bank account.
84. Psychology says, sometimes you miss the way it felt, you miss the memories but not the actual person.
85. Kanye West interned at the Gap while studying fashion.
86. Men have nipples because everyone is a female until the Y chromosome kicks in. You were all girl embryos.
87. Over 70% of all apologies are meaningless.
88. People who are characterized as being sarcastic tend to be more loyal than the average person.
89. There are so many reasons to enjoy this beautiful life.
90. Psychological Fact: Some feelings never really go away, we just tend to avoid and ignore them.
91. What a woman eats can increase her chance of twins by up to 40%
92. Forty is the only number whose letters are in alphabetical order.
93. Thinking about your muscles can help make you stronger.
94. If one person in a relationship is obese, the other person is 37% more likely to become obese too.
95. Young hammerheads are usually born headfirst, with the tip of their hammer-shaped head folded back to make them more streamlined for birth.
96. In the UK you are legally required to stop if you run over a dog, but not a cat.
97. The eldest children in families tend to develop higher IQs.
98. Ants can survive in a microwave: they are small enough to dodge the rays.
99. You can make fire from ice.
100. Remember that people will always question the good things they hear about you, and believe the bad ones without a second thought.
101. If you want to quit smoking, go to a sauna for 3 days in a row and youll sweat out the nicotine which will make it easier to quit.
102. "Went to my first party, drank for the first time, had my first kiss, lost my viginity, and got my first STD. Catholic girls party hard"-CSC
103. For every person that dies, 2.39 people are born.
104. The city with the worst traffic in the U.S. is Honolulu, followed by Los Angeles
105. The word "bed" is shaped exactly like a bed.
106. An 8-year-old won $1000 and gave it all away to his 2-year-old neighbor who has leukemia.
107. Due to our natural instinct for protection, we naturally tend to focus on the negatives of a person more than the positive.
108. Unfaithful men tend to have lower IQs.
109. In Austria, there’s a town called Fucking.
110. We are currently living in an Ice Age.
111. The desire to lay in bed all day is called “clinomania.”
112. Some people aren’t antisocial, they’re just very selective when it comes to who they associate with.
113. The Two-Minute Rule: If you see something that needs doing, and it can be completed within two minutes, do it immediately.
114. Researchers suggest that 91% of sea creatures remain undiscovered.
115. In a single year in the U.S, nearly 450 people die because of falling from their bed.
116. Over thinking is the leading cause of stress.
117. A dog has slept next to his owner’s grave in Argentina for 6 years — He found the cemetery on his own.
118. Things always get worse before they get better. You have to just keep going.
119. A flamingo can only eat when it’s head is upside down
120. Just a gram of the venom of the king cobra has enough potency to kill 150 people!
121. "The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
122. Huggies made a diaper that will tweet you when your baby soils themselves.
123. A recent survey found that lesbians are four times as likely as straight women to drive a Subaru.
124. "The Big Lebowski" has inspired a religion called Dudeism.
125. Depend on yourself, never on others.
126. Pronoia is defined as the opposite state of mind to paranoia: having the sense that there is a conspiracy that exists to help the person.
127. Epistemophobia is the fear of knowledge.
128. Never blame anyone in your life. Good people bring you happiness, bad people bring you experience.
129. Most people remember their first kiss better than losing their virginity.
130. Your age doesn’t define your maturity, your grades don’t define your intellect, and rumors don’t define who you are.
131. Users spend an average of 16 minutes on Pinterest a visit.
132. By the time an average child leaves school in the U.S., they have seen about 40,000 murders on TV.
133. A great relationship is about two things: First, appreciating the similarities and second, respecting the differences.
134. Cuddling literally kills depression, relieves anxiety, and strengthens the immune system.
135. According to a study, white men prefer the faces of Asian women, while white women prefer black male faces.
136. It was calculated that an average silence between to people takes almost 4 seconds to turn awkward.
137. "Come Together" was the last song all four of The Beatles made together.
138. It took J.R.R. Tolkien 14 years to write "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy.
139. Godzilla was only seen for about 8 minutes in the 2014 film, "Godzilla."
140. Sometimes you expect more from someone, because you would do that much for them.
141. Vodka can be used as a shampoo.
142. Although you can sink waist-deep into quicksand, it is impossible for you to be submerged completely.
143. Flammable and inflammable are synonyms.
144. A panagram is a sentence that contains all 26 letters of the English alphabet. For example: Pack my red box with five dozen quality jugs.
145. About forty percent of females report having wet dreams.
146. There is a hand sanitizer called, "Maybe You Touched Your Genitals."
147. Spicy Thai dishes release mood-lifting endorphins when we consume them.
148. The more attracted you are to a person, the easier it is for that individual to make you laugh.
149. Studies show acting confidently is the surest key to success – If you fake it, you will make it.
150. Psychology says, comparing yourself to others is the root cause for feelings of unhappiness, self blame and depression.
151. Ants can lift 50 times their own weight
152. In 1960, you would have been able to purchase a new Ferrari for $40,000.
153. You have a 1 in 9,223,372,036,854,775,808 chance of filling out a perfect March Madness bracket.
154. There are 293 ways to make change for a U.S. dollar.
155. Be thankful for the life you have.
156. Home Alone is the highest grossing comedy film of all time.
157. The most commonly searched question beginning with “What is” in 2013 was “What is twerking?”
158. Clinomania is a psychological condition in which causes a person to have an overwhelming desire to stay in bed all day.
159. iPod! upside down is still iPod!
160. "Text neck" is a term chiropractors use for patients suffering from neck, back and shoulder pain due to hunching over while texting.
161. “You have to be odd to be number one.”
162. If caught in a burning building, get low. The breathable air will be near the floor.
163. According to a recent study done on 16,000 women, the more curvy a woman is, the more intelligent she is.
164. A woman was arrested after allegedly beating up a man for farting in her face.
165. When two people talk about their dislike toward another person, it brings them closer together.
166. The distance between cities are actually the distances between city halls.
167. Mageirocophobia is the fear of having to cook.
168. Josh Hutcherson read the entire Hunger Games trilogy in five days to prepare for his role as Peeta.
169. It would take a month of your time out of every year to read all the "terms and conditions" statements that you have accepted.
170. Family Guy was the first canceled show to be resurrected because of its great DVD sales.
171. The director of "Jeepers Creepers" is a convicted child molester who was also hired by Disney to direct the film "Powder."
172. Uranophobia is the fear of heaven.
173. Coprastasophobia is the fear of constipation.
174. People who were born deaf still have some type of inner voice.
175. $217 USD is what the government of Zimbabwe had in the bank in Jan, 2013.
176. Psychology says, men tend to forget but never forgive. Women forgive but never forget.
177. The CEO of IKEA is very frugal and has been known to always fly coach, live in a modest home, and stays in inexpensive hotels.
178. Hitting snooze on your alarm can make you more tired than if you had gotten up right away.
179. Never give up. Always find a reason to keep trying.
180. Whoever is trying to bring you down is already below you.
181. Anger makes you more honest, according to studies.
182. Orangutan males will stay with the female for several days to ensure a successful mating but soon return to their solitary life.
183. People with higher IQ’s tend to use illegal drugs more frequently.
184. At least one meerkat in a meerkat pack acts as a lookout. When it sees a predator it barks and everyone hides.
185. Al Qaeda and other terrorists have a handbook on why brutal killings are "necessary" - the Management of Savagery.
186. 64% of people using dating apps are men, only 36% are women.
187. Shy and quiet teenagers are more likely to become arrogant adults when successful.
188. The word "listen" has the same letters as the word "silent."
189. “Percussive maintenance” is the technical term for hitting something until it works.
190. A pound (.45kg) of dimes and a pound (.45kg) of quarters are both worth exactly $20 USD.
191. Selena Gomez had her first kiss when she was 12 years old with Dylan Sprouse.
192. Being angry and bitter destroys you mentally, lowers your IQ and can literally shorten your life.
193. "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - John F. Kennedy
194. Atheophobia is the fear or hatred of atheists or atheism.
195. The man who threatened Trey Parker and Matt Stone for depicting Mohammed was sentenced to 25 years in federal prison.
196. According to a survey, as much as 99% of people prefer deleting the entire password when they just mess up one letter.
197. Intelligence can be boosted, at least in the short term, by a daily dose of 5 mg of creatine.
198. Psychology says, feelings that come back are actually feelings that never left.
199. After boosting her bra size from A to F at the age of 65, a Welsh great-grandmother is now dating boys around the ages of 24!
200. Emma Stone convinced her parents to let her take up acting by showing them a Powerpoint presentation.
201. A woman is more likely to want to commit adultery right before ovulation than at any other time in her cycle.
202. Voldemort was 71 years old when he died in the Battle of Hogwarts.
203. Windows 8 is consistently equal or negligibly faster than Windows 7 at benchmarks.
204. The longest "left handed" words on a keyboard are "aftercataracts" and "tesseradecades."
205. The phrase “I don’t give a f*ck” originated in 1790.
206. Only 2% of women describe themselves as beautiful.
207. Project Prevention is a charity that pays drug addicts $300 to get sterilized.
208. There are currently 23 nations without an active military.
209. Women have larger pupils than men.
210. People at the same level of attractiveness are more likely to end up together.
211. Want to avoid over thinking? Focus on what to do next instead of worrying about what went wrong.
212. The less you give a damn, the happier you will be.
213. The "99% effective" label on birth control pills means that out of 100 women who use the pill in a year, 1 will get pregnant.
214. Some ant species enslave other ants from different colonies and force them to there work.
215. The people that actually try to stay in your life are the only ones you really need.
216. A study found that men feel more emotional pain after a breakup than women do.
217. Every thing that has ever happened in your life is preparing you for a moment that is yet to come.
218. According to one study, the happiest couples are those without children.
219. Your age doesn’t define your maturity, your grades don’t define your intelligence, and rumors don’t define who you are.
220. Up to two-thirds of workers skip their lunch or eat at their desks.
221. During the middle ages, talkative women were punished by being forced to wear metal cages on their heads.
222. "A "No" uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a "Yes" merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble." - Gandhi
223. Enjoy the great times and make the bad times great. Your attitude determines everything.
224. Altophobia or Acrophobia is known as the fear of heights.
225. Boredom is the single largest contributor to the use of drugs and alcohol among teens.
226. Alcohol makes people appear 5 times more attractive than they really are
227. The girlfriend of the founder of Match. com dumped him for a man she met on Match. com.
228. You know you truly miss someone when you attempt to force yourself to forget that individual.
229. You only live once is literally a false statement. You live everyday, you only die once.
230. Every good thing that has happened in your life happened because something changed.
231. The word "bride" comes from an old proto-germanic word meaning "to cook."
232. Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had.
233. It would cost $43,000 to send a single child to Hogwarts for one year if the school were real.
234. The original grumpy cat suffers from dwarfism and that is how it got its expression.
235. The Jonah complex is the fear of success which prevents self-actualization.
236. The strongest people are not those who show strength in front of us, but those who win battles we know nothing about
237. When showeing, you spend about 5% of your time washing yourself, and 95% reflecting and thinking about your life
238. Ignorant people are more likely to believe they are brilliant, while intelligent people are more likely to underestimate themselves
239. Studies have shown that the ethnicity of a suspect can affect the speed with which a police officer decides to shoot.
240. Police had a warrant to search for drugs in an apartment, found the drugs, and then realized they were in the wrong apartment.
241. Seven people alive today were born in the year 1900.
242. Levi Strauss never wore his own jeans.
243. The most played song on Spotify is “Wake Me Up” by Avicii.
244. Girls who trust their fathers to tend to have better communication and longer relationships with their boyfriends.
245. Only 3 percent of lost or stolen laptops are recovered by their owners.
246. Bugs often end up on their backs when they die because blood flow decreases and their legs deflate, making them top heavy.
247. According to one study, distracted walking can be more dangerous than distracted driving.
248. There’s a lesson hidden in everything. You just have to find it.
249. Bruce Lee could do one-handed push-ups using only his index finger and his thumb.
250. We have all experienced something that has changed us in a way that we could never go back to the person we once were.
251. A chinese man once lived for 55 years without an anus.
252. Admitting you made a mistake will earn you respect and speed up the fixing process. Having an ego solves nothing.
253. dam are you a hydrogen bond because you weak
254. Beer contains all 13 essential nutrients of life
255. Jackie Chan once picked a fight with Bruce Lee and lost.
256. Applying pressure to an itch is the best way to get rid of it - The reduced blood flow will cause it to go away.
257. The dishwasher was invented by Josephine Cochrane— a socialite who was tired of servants breaking her expensive dishes.
258. The "F" bomb traces back to the Norwegian "fukka" and Swedish "focka", both meaning "to copulate."
259. The Q in Q-tips stands for quality. They were originally called Baby Gays.
260. Giant clams can weigh as much as 700 lbs.
261. Dancing, singing and masturbating are all proven ways to fight depression.
262. If you hit Silly Putty with a hammer, it shatters.
Related Fact Lists
Over 4.6 million Whopper sandwiches are sold at Burger King every day.
Residents of Churchill, Canada leave their cars unlocked to offer an escape for pedestrians who might encounter Polar Bears on Main Street.
Club Direct, a travel insurance company in Britain, provides insurance plans for protection from falling coconuts.
There is a 500-year-old statue of a man eating a sack of babies in Bern, Switzerland — Nobody is sure why.
Just Ranked Fun Facts
A study found that many medicinal drugs can last decades past their expiration dates. However, aspirin and amphetamine lose their potency.169 Completely Pointless Facts
A new year is like a blank book. The pen is in your hands. It is your chance to write a beautiful story for yourself.120 Mega Dumb Facts
"Band Geeks" was voted the best Spongebob episode of all time.12 Hilarious Facts About SpongeBob SquarePants
LEGOs can support 4-5 times the weight of a human without collapsing and are strong enough to support a LEGO tower around 2.2 miles high.10 Fun Lego Facts
A woman donated a kidney to her boss, who then fired her when she took too long recover from the operation.169 Completely Pointless Facts
Psychologist George Stratton in the 1890s wore glasses that made him see upside down. After 5 days his brain adapted & t...169 Completely Pointless Facts
Just Ranked Fun Fact Lists
263 Super Silly Facts
The original meaning of the word "silly" is "blessed"
LIST | 161 · 3 months ago
18 Fun Oscar Facts
Because metal was scarce; the Oscars given out during world War II were made of plaster.
LIST | 47 · 4 months ago
37 Amazing Travel Facts
On a bicycle, you can travel three times faster than you can walk, for the same amount of energy.
LIST | 74 · 4 months ago
14 Fun Random Shopping Facts
The US retail industry makes US$6.8 billion a year from gift cards that no one redeems.
LIST | 17 · 4 months ago