120 Mega Dumb Facts
1. Animal Planet aired a fake documentary about the existence of mermaids that convinced thousand of viewers... Twice.
2. All the platinum ever mined would fit into an average-sized living-room.
3. The study of ants is called Myrmecology.
4. The female opossum has 13 nipples.
5. Kids who have imaginary friends tend to have a stronger memory as adults, a higher IQ and can more easily solve complex problems.
6. Oprah Winfrey makes $10 per second, $600 per minute, $36,000 an hour, $864,000 a day, $25,920,000 a month and $311,040,000 a year!
7. Day 1/365. Make everyday count.
8. Dead people can get goosebumps.
9. Dreaming about a celebrity usually indicates that the dreamer has a personal need for recognition.
10. Frozen lobsters can come back to life when thawed.
11. On average, a hen lays 19 dozen eggs in a year.
12. In the 1970s some psychiatrists would give MDMA (molly) to patients to help discuss their emotions.
13. People who chew the ends of their pens are more creative and less prone to mental sickness.
14. Never argue with an idiot.
15. Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us.
16. Looking at beautiful paintings can ease physical pain.
17. Most male CEOs have short first names, like Bruce or Jack.
18. If youre getting gas, hold the trigger halfway and youll get more gas and less air in your tank.
19. Emailing large companies about your dissatisfaction with their products will get you free stuff.
20. An Illinois middle schooler is developing an app that will stop up to 93% of cyberbullying.
21. Leonardo DiCaprio made $25M and Jonah Hill made $60k for Wolf of Wall Street.
22. Left-handedness is also known as "sinistrality" because left-handed people were once thought to be demons.
23. Printer ink costs over seven times more than Dom Perignon vintage champagne per millilitre.
24. An hour of kissing burns 156 calories, which is 2-3 calories per minute!
25. There is a town in Albania called town.
26. According to the United Nations, you are three times more likely to die at work than you are at war.
27. McNuggets come in four different shapes and each one has a name -- Boot, Ball, Bone and Bell.
28. When you flush an open toilet, it can spray tiny particles up to 6 feet.
29. 50% of Netflix users watch an entire season of a TV show in just one week.
30. Many scholars say Jesus never viewed himself as creating a new religion per se, just reforming Judaism.
31. A new study finds delays in texting responses may indicate the other person is lying.
32. Work hard in silence, let your success be your noise.
33. A new year is like a blank book. The pen is in your hands. It is your chance to write a beautiful story for yourself.
34. Squirrels will adopt abandoned babies if the parents cannot be found.
35. A documentary was made about a man who could "set things on fire with his hands."
36. Don’t be afraid of death, be afraid of an unlived life.
37. More germs are transferred shaking hands than kissing.
38. "Zoodles" are noodles made out of zucchini.
39. The best friendships tend to be with the people in which you can openly be weird with.
40. In 2009, Nigerian Police arrested a goat on suspicion of attempted armed robbery
41. Pain changes people.
42. If two people are having a dispute, the angrier one is usually wrong. This is because anger clouds judgement.
43. It was a tradition in Ireland that people who donated a pint of blood were given a free pint of Guinness to replace the iron.
44. People who have recurring stressful test-taking dreams tend to be perfectionists.
45. When working with your boss or supervisor never ask "Can you do this for me?", always ask "Can you show me how to do this?"
46. On a scale of one to ten, I’m fine with being just a 5.
47. 70% of people check their Twitter when they wake up, which is a sign of addiction.
48. Pistanthrophobia is the common fear of trusting people due to past experiences with relationships gone bad.
49. Arnold Schwarzenegger was paid approximately $21,429 for every word he said in Terminator 2.
50. Coldstone employees are supposed to sing when you tip them.
51. People change, memories stay forever.
52. Fear kills more dreams than failure ever will.
53. 60% of NBA players are broke within five years of retiring from the game.
54. Vin Diesel was offered his first acting role after he broke into a NYC theater with intentions of vandalizing it.
55. T.G.I. Friday was created to pick up women.
56. The phrase "Hip hip hooray!" was a Nazi war cry used to invade Jewish ghettos during the Holocaust.
57. People in relationships dream about their significant other about 20% of the time.
58. Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.
59. 12% of all people who ever lived are alive today.
60. Kim Ung-yong was a child prodigy with an IQ of 210; at 4 years old, he had memorized about 2000 words in both English and German.
61. Insecurity mentally destroys you.
62. Every cigarette you smoke reduces your expected life span by 11 minutes.
63. Only 60 percent of men claim to have masturbated in the previous year.
64. Zipper-related genital injuries send 1,700 men to ER each year.
65. Barbie and Ken broke up back in 2004 after being together for about 50 years. They got back together in 2011.
66. A 2010 study revealed that women are better than men when it comes to dealing with more than one problem at a time.
67. A new year is like a blank book and the pen is in your hands. It is your chance to write a beautiful story for yourself.
68. Mentally talking to yourself during tasks is actually a good way to keep yourself focused.
69. Microsoft was originally called Micro-soft. The hypen was removed in 1976
70. The word “fetish” was originally used as a reference to an object that was worshipped for its supposed “magical powers.”
71. Each instance of dog poop that goes unscooped attracts approximately 144 flies.
72. Did you know that, when an intoxicated person is talking about 70 percent of whatever he/she says is true!
73. A young man once witnessed his girlfriend being murdered on webcam while they were video-chatting.
74. Giving birth can cause an orgasm: the release of hormones during delivery can push some women to ecstasy.
75. People with awkward and weird personalities tend to make the best friends!
76. Hitler mandated that every German couple be gifted a copy of his book upon wedding.
77. The more you have to wait for something, the more you appreciate it when you get it.
78. An "acutetarian" is a person who avoids eating anything that looks cute.
79. Strippers earn more in tips when ovulating.
80. "Death by powerpoint" is a term relating to the intense boredom/hatred of useless powerpoint presentations.
81. The ant always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.
82. Wisconsin has the highest number of bars per person
83. Men with wider faces are more aggressive, less trustworthy and more prone to engaging in deception.
84. When men and women look at art, men see the big picture, while women focus on the details.
85. Otters have a pouch in their fur to store their favorite rock.
86. According to a new study, addictions never fully go away.
87. An idiot is technically someone with an IQ of 0-25, while an imbecile is someone with an IQ of 26-50.
88. Johnny Depp lost his virginity at the age of 13 in the back of a van.
89. Highly stressed people are more prone to chronic insomnia.
90. People who talk to themselves are more likely to have a high I.Q.
91. Men with a lower salary are more likely to be cheaters.
92. The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.
93. A group of crows is called a “murder.” This name came about because a group of crows will sometimes kill a dying crow.
94. Be positive, patient and persistent.
95. Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer grows you.
96. Kissing can increase your lifespan.
97. Cigarette smokers suffer more stress than both non-smokers and those who have quit.
98. Mt. Fuji should have erupted two years ago, and will likely erupt by 2015.
99. Negaholics are people who become addicted to self-doubt and negativity. They find the bad in most things and are hardly ever satisfied.
100. Creative-type people have a longer lifespan than non-creative people, according to research.
101. When a woman is speaking to a man she finds attractive, she naturally speaks in a higher pitch.
102. 1 in 5 comments on online news articles are negative.
103. Positive text messages from people you care about can actually have a positive influence on your body and improve your mood."
104. If you cough while you are injected with a needle, you will feel less pain.
105. 73% of people spend their nights remembering past conversations, imagining what they should have said instead.
106. Excessive TV-watching in childhood has been linked to antisocial and even criminal behavior later in life.
107. According to one study, sharing your goals with someone else makes them less likely to happen because we tend to lose motivation.
108. Bayer, the company that produces aspirin, used to sell commercialized heroin.
109. 4 common species of bumblebee have seen their numbers decrease by 96% in recent decades
110. In Colombia, one woman is reportedly killed by her partner or former partner every six days.
111. Women are more prone to road rage than men.
112. An estimated 80% of contact cases are contaminated with bacteria, they should be replaced every 3 months.
113. Let your dreams be bigger than your fears and your actions be louder than your words.
114. If your name sounds noble, you are more likely to work in a high-ranking position.
115. People with many friends live 3.7 years more than those who are isolated.
116. Always remember who was there for you when no one else was.
117. People see their own faces as being more physically attractive than they actually are.
118. The tallest building in the state of Vermont is only 11 stories (124 feet) tall.
119. Dear God, I wanna take a minute, not to ask for anything from you. But simply to say thank you, for all I have.
120. Adults who go to church at least once a week are 4 times more likely to be virgins than those who visit less often.
Related Fact Lists
A handy neologism...DOPELER EFFECT: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
The original meaning of the word "silly" is "blessed"
Just Ranked Fun Facts
Audio experts could not tell the difference between $100 Monster speaker cables and cables made from soldering together old coat hangers.13 Scary Monster Facts
A study found that many medicinal drugs can last decades past their expiration dates. However, aspirin and amphetamine lose their potency.169 Completely Pointless Facts
The Popsicle was invented by an 11 year who kept it secret for 18 years.243 Incredibly Crazy Facts
Adults who go to church at least once a week are 4 times more likely to be virgins than those who visit less often.120 Mega Dumb Facts
Just Ranked Fun Fact Lists
120 Mega Dumb Facts
Animal Planet aired a fake documentary about the existence of mermaids that convinced thousand of viewers... Twice.
LIST | 100 · 9 months ago
73 Facebook Fun Facts
Facebook causes you to overestimate how happy your friends are and, in turn, makes you more depressed.
LIST | 10 · 10 months ago
10 Fun Facts About Pixar Movies
Pixar has never released a film that made less than $150 million in the US.
LIST | 88 · 10 months ago
124 Super Awesome Facts
Each block in the Great Pyramid of Giza weighs about 2.5 tons on average, and the pyramid itself is estimated to weigh 6.5 million tons.
LIST | 177 · 9 months ago
169 Completely Pointless Facts
A study found that many medicinal drugs can last decades past their expiration dates. However, aspirin and amphetamine lose their potency.
LIST | 159 · 9 months ago
6 Coolest Lamborghini Facts
The Dubai police fleet includes a Ferrari, Lamborghini and Bentley so they can catch speeders that would be able to outrun other cars.
LIST | 30 · 10 months ago
18 Fun Oscar Facts
Because metal was scarce; the Oscars given out during world War II were made of plaster.
LIST | 47 · 10 months ago